HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8000 Storage
- Looking to consolidate onto an enterprise-class flash array without compromising performance, scalability, data services, or resiliency? HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8000 Storage, with the lowest all-flash starting price, delivers the performance advantages of a purpose-built, flash-optimized architecture without compromising resiliency, data services, or data mobility. A flash-optimized architecture reduces the performance bottlenecks that can choke hybrid and general-purpose disk arrays.
However, unlike other purpose-built flash arrays, 3PAR StoreServ 8000 doesn’t require you to introduce an entirely new architecture into your environment to achieve flash-optimized performance. With unmatched versatility, performance, and density, HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8000 Storage has you covered.
Options support true convergence of block and file protocols, all-flash array performance for $1.50 USD per gigabyte usable, and the use of SSDs with spinning media to further optimize costs.
- Address your needs for converged file and block storage with flash-ready 8200 Starter Kit that is twice as easy to manage, 40% better density, and more attractively priced than other unified storage.
- Boost application performance with converged flash and spinning media with new support for 400 GBs SSDs which is over 25% less expensive than traditional hybrid storage.
- Reduce capacity requirements by up to 75% guaranteed when migrating from legacy storage to 3PAR StoreServ Storage with the HPE Get Thinner program.
- Modernize your storage infrastructure with effortless migration of data from HPE EVA, EMC, Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), and new support for IBM XIV storage to HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage.
Lower Your Cost of Storage by up to 75%
Get the lowest All-flash starting price or $1.50 USD per GB usable with 5-year warranty on all SSDs.
Cut capacity requirements by up to 75% with data compaction technologies.
Simplify storage management and reduce footprint by 67% with unified block and file.
Get industry-leading density of 5.5 PB per floor tile.
Deliver Performance Without Compromise
Eliminate bottlenecks with a flash-optimized, scale-out architecture and > 1 million IOPS.
Ensure service levels with QoS optimization and consistent, sub-millisecond latency.
Support mixed workloads and accelerate performance with the Gen5 Thin Express ASIC.
Boost flash performance by 35% and reduce latency by 2.5X with 16 Gbps Fibre Channel.
Eliminate Downtime and Consolidate with Confidence
Maintain high availability and Tier-1 resiliency with a complete set of persistent technologies.
Achieve near-synchronous RPOs with flexible, transparent, model-agnostic remote replication.
Simplify backup and restores with application-aware, storage-integrated data protection.
Respond Effortlessly to Unpredictable and Changing Demands
Grow with freedom in any direction, from as little as 3.6 TB to 7.3 PB usable in a single system.
Eliminate complexity with iSCSI for Ethernet and speed configuration with automated storage networking.
Modernize your EMC and HDS storage infrastructure with painless, no-cost data migration.
Optimize storage at the data center level with seamless data movement between arrays.
|Availability features||Redundant power supplies and fans A minimum of dual redundant controllers, with up to two controllers for added redundancy RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 6 for data protection.|
|Cache||384GiB Maximum, depending on model|
|Capacity||3000TiB Maximum, depending on model|
|Compatible operating systems||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Microsoft Windows Hyper-V HP-UX SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) VMware ESX and ESXi Oracle Solaris Oracle UEK Oracle Linux Citrix XenServer IBM AIX HP OpenVMS Apple OS X HPE OpenVMS is a registered release only. For the latest information on supported operating systems refer to Single Point of Connectivity Knowledge for HPE Storage Products (SPOCK): http://www.hp.com/storage/spock|
|Drive description||SFF SAS or LFF SAS|
|Enclosures||(38) 3PAR 8000 SFF SAS Drive Enclosure (38) 3PAR 8000 LFF SAS Drive Enclosure Maximum, depending on model.|
|Host interface||16 Gb/sec Fibre Channel (24) Ports 10 GbE iSCSI/FCoE (8) Ports 1Gb Ethernet (16) Ports 10Gb Ethernet (8) Ports Maximum supported, depending on configuration and model|
|Servers supported||HPE ProLiant rack mount and blades HPE Integrity servers Sun SPARC, x86 Cisco UCS IBM p-series Industry Standard Servers Maximum, depending on model|
|Storage Controller||3PAR 8000 6-core 2.2GHz Controller Node 3PAR 8000 10-core 2.4GHz Controller Node Maximum, depending on model|