Dell PowerEdge R630 Rack Server
Power your workloads with uncompromising density
With 2U performance packed into a compact 1U chassis, the PowerEdge R630 two-socket rack server delivers uncompromising density and productivity. Part of the 13th generation of PowerEdge servers, the R630 is ideal for virtualization, driving large business applications or running transactional databases.
The processor and memory density as well as storage flexibility of up to 24 x 1.8" flash SSDs or 10 x 2.5" HDDs (with an option to replace four HDDs with four PCIe SSDs) provides an ideal solution for large-scale transactional and analytical processing solutions, such as Oracle and SQL.
- Accelerate in-memory online analytical processing (OLAP) with up to 24 DIMMs of DDR4 RAM, providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth.
- Increase the number of transactions per second for online transaction processing (OLTP) databases with 12Gb PowerEdge RAID controllers (PERC9) that feature double the throughput performance and cache of previous-generation controllers.
- Efficiently drive workloads with high concurrent usage and frequent random access to all tables, payloads and log files using the R630 with an all-flash SSD configuration.
- Dramatically reduce storage latency with Express Flash PCIe SSDs and support for optional Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache application acceleration technology.
Power communication and collaboration
The R630 features the flexible storage capacity and high-density processing that is crucial to superior IO performance in Exchange and SharePoint applications.
- Speed your workload deployment with Dell's expanding out-of-box template library for Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, UC&C and SQL configurations.
- Improve virtual machine (VM) performance, including better response times for more concurrent users, with fast DDR4 memory and the increased processing cycles and threads of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family.
Ensure continuous access
The R630 can be easily configured as a reliable, general-purpose server for business-critical applications, with automated management and high-availability features, such as:
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors
Simplify and automate your IT management tasks
Manage your data center servers the way you want: individually, collectively, in-person, remotely, or with your smartphone — it’s your choice. Consistent administration and 3rd-party integration ensures seamless management of PowerEdge servers.
Monitor and manage from anywhere
Administer systems from your smartphone, laptop or at the system with both local and remote management options.
- Use your smartphone with the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems, or connect to a server via Near Field Communications (NFC) to access a status report and logs using the iDRAC Quick Sync feature.
- Use a USB memory stick to upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptop via USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust "at the system" management.
Accelerate IT service deployment
Streamline infrastructure provisioning, speed up workload deployment and simplify IT service delivery through the unified console and highly intuitive user interface of Active System Manager. Enhanced for the latest generation of PowerEdge servers, it features:
- Template-based server and IO configurations, identity management and service migration capabilities
- Fast workload deployment with an expanding out-of-box template library
- Cloud enablement with support for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS), including Red Hat and VMware solutions
Stocking the future-ready data center
With high-performance processing, large memory capacity and innovative local storage options offering greater scalability throughout the portfolio, the latest generation of PowerEdge servers meets your needs today, with the hardware, headroom and simplified management to adapt as your workloads demand.
|Availability||ECC memory Hot-plug hard drives Hot-plug redundant cooling Hot-plug redundant power Internal Dual SD Module Single Device Data Correction (SDDC) Spare Rank Support for high availability clustering and virtualization Proactive systems management alerts iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller|
|Chassis||The 24 x 1.8” drive and 10 x 2.5” drive configurations have the following dimensions:Form Factor: 1U H: 4.28 cm (1.68 in.) x W: 48.23 cm (18.98 in.) x D: 75.51 cm (29.72 in.)The 8 x 2.5” drive configuration has the following dimensions:Form Factor: 1U H: 4.28 cm (1.68 in.) W: 48.23 cm (18.98 in.) D: 70.05 cm (27.57 in.)|
|Chipset||Intel C610 series chipset|
|Communications||Broadcom® 5719 quad-port 1Gb NIC Broadcom 5720 dual-port 1Gb NIC Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb DA/SFP+ CNA Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb Base-T network adapter Intel® Ethernet I350 dual-port 1Gb server adapter Intel Ethernet I350 quad-port 1Gb server adapter Intel Ethernet X540 dual-port 10GBASE-T server adapter Mellanox® ConnectX®-3 dual-port 10Gb Direct Attach/SFP+ server network adapter Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 40Gb Direct Attach/QSFP server network adapter Emulex® LPE 12000, single-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA Emulex LPE 12002, dual-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA Emulex LPe16000B, single-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA Emulex LPe16002B, dual-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA QLogic® 2560, single-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA QLogic 2562, dual-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA Qlogic 2660, single-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height Qlogic 2662, dual-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height|
|Drive Bays||Internal hard drive bay and hot-plug backplane: Up to 24 x 1.8” SATA SSD Up to 10 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS SSD: SAS, SATA, Up to 4 NVMe PCIe Up to 8 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS SSD: SAS, SATA|
|Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)||Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012, with Hyper-V® VMware® vSphere® ESXi™ Citrix® XenServer®|
|Management||Systems management: IPMI 2.0 compliant; Dell OpenManage Essentials; Dell OpenManage Mobile; Dell OpenManage Power CenterDell OpenManage Integrations: Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenterDell OpenManage Connections: HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA Network and Systems Management Dell OpenManage for Oracle Database ManagerRemote management iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default) iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade) 8GB vFlash media (upgrade)16GB vFlash media (upgrade) iDRAC Quick Sync|
|Memory||24 DIMM slots, DDR4 memory Architecture: Up to 2133MT/s DDR4 DIMMs Memory Type: RDIMM, LRDIMM Memory Module Sockets: 24 Minimum RAM: 4GB (one module) Maximum RAM: Up to 768GB (24 DIMM slots): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB|
|Network Controller||4 x 1Gb, 2 x 1Gb + 2 x 10Gb, 4 x 10Gb|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server Red Hat® Enterprise Linux VMware® ESX®|
|Power supply||1100W AC, 86 mm (Platinum) 1100W DC, 86 mm 750W AC, 86 mm (Platinum) 750W AC, 86 mm (Titanium) 495W AC, 86 mm (Platinum)|
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® E5 2600 v3 processors|
|RAID Controllers||Internal: PERC S130 (SW RAID), PERC H330 PERC H730 PERC H730P External: PERC H830 External HBAs (non-RAID): 12Gbps SAS HBA|
|Slots||2 CPUs, 3 slots Slot 1: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector) Slot 2: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 connector) Slot 3: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector) 2CPUs, 2 slots Slot 1: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector) Slot 2: 3/4 length, full height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector) 1CPU, 2 slots Slot 1: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 connector) Slot 2: 3/4 length, full height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connectorDedicated RAID card slot|
|Storage||HDD: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS SSD: SAS, SATA, PowerEdge Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD 24 x 1.8” SSD – up to 23TB via 0.96TB hot-plug SATA SSD 10 x 2.5” – up to 18TB via 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD 8 x 2.5” – up to 14TB via 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD|