PowerEdge R530 Rack Server
Accelerate performance across a wide range of workloads
Designed for data centers needing an affordable, virtualization-ready, 2-socket rack server, the R530 is an excellent platform for a wide range of common business applications, including:
- Mail and messaging
- File and print
- Workgroup collaboration
- Web serving
- Video streaming
The R530 is also highly attractive as a dedicated development or backup server.
Deliver peak performance
Accelerate results across a wide range of workloads with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family, offering up to 40 percent more cores for the R530 compared to previous-generation R520 servers with E5-2600 v2 processors.
Boost memory and I/O performance with:
- 12 DIMM slots and DDR4 memory, providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth and drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Five PCIe slots, including three PCIe Gen3 slots that drive twice the data throughput compared to PCIe Gen2
Maximize operational efficiency
Save time and reduce potential for error with simplified, intuitive systems management.
- Speed time to production and drive better ROI by automating deployment, management and updating with the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 8 (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller.
- Control data center availability more effectively by monitoring and managing the health and availability of Dell PowerEdge servers anytime, anywhere through OpenManage Mobile and a handheld device.
- Harness your energy budget with energy-efficient processors, memory and power supplies. Fresh Air 2.0 configurations allow you to operate confidently at extended temperatures without the need for chilled air.
|ECC memory Single Device Data Correction (SDDC) Spare Rank Hot-plug hard drives Hot-plug redundant power iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller Support for HA clustering Virtualization-ready Internal Dual SD Module (Failsafe Hypervisor) TPM 1.2
|2u rack: H: 8.68cm W: 48.24cm D: 66.8cm
|Intel C610 series chipset
|Optional add-in NICs, HBAs
|Up to 8 x 3.5” SAS, SATA, nearline SAS,SSD drives
|Systems management: IPMI 2.0 compliant Dell OpenManage Essentials Dell OpenManage Mobile Dell OpenManage Power CenterRemote management: iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default), iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade), 8GB vFlash media (upgrade),16GB vFlash media (upgrade), iDRAC Quick Sync Dell OpenManage Integrations: Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft® System Center Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter™ Dell OpenManage Connections: HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA Network and Systems Management Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database Manager
|DDR4 DIMMs at up to 2133MT/s; 12 DIMM slots: 4GB/6GB/16GB/32GB
|4 x 1 GbE LOMs
|Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server Red Hat® Enterprise Linux VMware® ESX®
|495W, 750W, 1100W hot-plug PSU; 450W cabled PSU
|Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family
|Internal: PERC S130 PERC H330 PERC H730 PERC H730P External: PERC H830
|Support for up to 5 x PCIe slots, half-length, low-profile): 3 x PCIe 3.0; 2 x PCIe 2.0
|SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD