Dell PowerEdge R220 Rack Server
Click image for gallery
Quiet and compact designInstall your server in a wide range of settings, thanks to a short chassis depth of (15.5") that makes the R220 more compact than competitive servers2. Easily deploy in a short-depth rack, on a countertop or in a data center and have ample space for cabling or for connecting devices to the 5 USB ports. Quiet, office-level acoustics make this server ideal for open-office environments and can reduce noise in data centers.
Easy to deploy and manageIntuitive systems management features help you simplify IT tasks and save valuable administrative time.
- With embedded, agent-free management, you can reclaim hours of time, eliminate steps to perform tasks and reduce the potential for error.
- Deploying, monitoring and managing your PowerEdge servers is made easy with Dell OpenManage Essentials, a simplified systems-management console for managing Dell hardware.
- Have in-band or out-of-band control of physical, virtual, local and remote systems, with or without a software agent, using the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 7 (iDRAC7) with Lifecycle Controller.
Your application acceleratorGet the most out of your applications with the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 family featuring 33 percent more cache per core3. Help improve response times with up to 32GB of memory4 in four DIMM slots and boost data-transfer speeds with latest-generation PCIe Gen3 I/O.
Reliable, protected and stableEssential data-protection and reliability features help keep your systems up and running, while long lifecycles help ensure IT stability.
- Protect against data loss and run workloads reliably with hardware RAID options.
- Help maintain data availability with error-correcting memory.
- Gain platform stability and enhance ROI with a multi-year lifecycle.
|Dimensions||H: 1.66” (42.4 mm) (without ear/bezel) W: 17.09” (434 mm) (without ear/bezel) D: 15.52” (394.3 mm) (without ear/bezel)|
|Drive Controllers||Chipset based SATA, PERC S110 (Embedded SW RAID)|
|Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)||Yes via USB|
|Management||Remote management iDRAC7 Enterprise with Lifecycle Controller (optional)Systems management Basic management IPMI 2.0 compliant Dell OpenManage Essentials Dell OpenManage Mobile Dell OpenManage Power Center Dell OpenManage Integrations: Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter Dell OpenManageConnections: HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool®, and CA Network and Systems Management Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle Database Manager|
|Memory||Memory DIMMs 4x DDR3 UDIMMs w/ECC 1600MT/sMin/Max RAM 4GB/32GB|
|Network Controller||2x GbE LOM w/o TOE|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® For more information on specific versions and additions, visit Dell.com/OSsupport|
|Power||Non-redundant, 250W (80+ Silver); auto-ranging (100V~240V)|
|Processor||Intel Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family Intel Pentium® Intel Celeron® Intel Core® I3-4130|
|Rack support||ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded hole racks, with support for tooled mounting in 2-post racks.|
|RAID Controllers||(Optional) RAID: PERC S110 PERC H310NON-RAID: 6GB SAS HBAExternal Storage: PERC H810|
|Slots||1x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot; full height, half length|
|Storage||2 x 3.5” or 2 x 2.5” Default SATA; Optional SAS and SSD|