IBM Storwize V7000 Unified and Storwize V7000
- Meet changing business needs with virtualized, enterprise-class, flash-optimized modular storage
- Transform the economics of data storage with hardware-accelerated data compression
- Leverage integrated support for file and block data to consolidate workloads
- Use encryption to help improve security for data on existing storage systems
- Optimize performance with automated storage tiering
- Improve network utilization for remote mirroring with innovative replication technology
- Deploy storage quickly with easy-to-use management tools and built-in support for leading software platforms
- Easy-to-use data management designed with a graphical user interface and point-and-click system management capabilities
- Implement configurations for high availability and data mobility
- Metro Mirror and Global Mirror for replicating data synchronously or asynchronously between systems for backup efficiency
- Optimized for both internal flash drives and external IBM FlashSystem storage
Data is the new currency of business, the most critical asset of the modern organization. In fact, enterprises that can gain business insights from their data are twice as likely to outperform their competitors; yet, 72 percent of them have not started or are only planning big-data activities.7 In addition, organizations often spend too much money and time managing where their data is stored. The average firm purchases 24 percent more storage every year,8 but uses less than half of the capacity it already has.9
The simple fact is that infrastructure matters. The right infrastructure allows organizations to shift spending and invest in projects that improve business results. The infrastructure must ensure the most value from data at the least cost with the least effort and the greatest flexibility.
In the era of cloud, big data and analytics, mobile and social computing, organizations need to meet ever-changing demands for storage, while also improving data economics. IT must deliver more services faster and more efficiently, enable real-time insight and support more customer interaction. The right infrastructure allows clients to share information, secure transactions and drive real-time insights.
Built with IBM® Spectrum Virtualize™ software—part of the IBM Spectrum Storage™ family—the IBM Storwize® family helps organizations achieve better data economics by supporting these new workloads that are critical to their success. Storwize family systems can handle the massive volumes of data from mobile and social applications, enable rapid and flexible cloud services deployments, and deliver the performance and scalability needed to gain insights from the latest analytics technologies.
IBM Storwize V7000 Unified and IBM Storwize V7000 are virtualized, enterprise-class hybrid storage systems that provide the foundation for implementing an effective storage infrastructure and transforming the economics of data storage. Designed to complement virtual server environments, these modular storage systems deliver the flexibility and responsiveness required for changing business needs.
|Additional available advanced features||Remote mirroring, IBM Easy Tier, IBM Real-time Compression, external virtualization, unified storage, IBM Spectrum Control, IBM Spectrum Protect Snapshot|
|Advanced features included with each system||IBM FlashCopy, thin provisioning, Active File Management (Storwize V7000 Unified only)|
|Cache per controller/control enclosure/clustered system||32 or 64 GB/64 or 128 GB/up to 512 GB|
|Cores per controller/control enclosure/clustered system||8/16/64|
|Fans and power supplies||Fully redundant, hot-swappable|
|Host interface||SAN-attached 8 Gbps and 16 Gbps Fibre Channel, 1 Gbps iSCSI and optional 10 Gbps iSCSI/FCoE NAS-attached 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps Ethernet|
|Management software||IBM Spectrum Virtualize software IBM Spectrum Scale for Storwize V7000 Unified|
|Maximum drives supported||504 per control enclosure; 1,056 per clustered system|
|Rack support||Standard 19-inch|
|RAID levels||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, Distributed|
|Supported drives||3.5-inch disk drives: 2 TB, 3 TB, 4 TB, 6 TB and 8 TB 7.2k nearline SAS disk 2.5-inch disk drives: 300 GB 15k SAS disk 600 GB 15k SAS drive 600 GB, 900 GB, 1.2 TB, and 1.8 TB 10k SAS disk 1 TB and 2 TB 7.2k nearline SAS disk 2.5-inch flash drives 200 GB, 400 GB, 800 GB and 1.6 TB|
|User interface Graphical user interface (GUI)||Graphical user interface (GUI)|
|Warranty||Hardware: 3-year limited warranty Customer-replaceable units On-site service Next business day 9×5 Service upgrades available Software: Software maintenance agreement available|