Dell PowerVault MD3060e Dense Enclosure
Click image for gallery
Affordable density for Dell serversWhen it comes to expanding DAS in your server deployment, there are several important questions to consider:
- How much space do you need?
- How quickly you can add more storage?
- How can you add capacity while keeping power and cooling costs under control?
Reliable, versatile performanceThe MD3060e offers a high-density option in the PowerVault MD series of JBODs, which have an established record of reliability and efficient performance. Easily manage your data through the host server, with OS support that includes:
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® - RHEL
- Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Capacity based on your designEasily scale with versatile enclosure options, drive types and operating system choices, and have the flexibility to design solutions for your specific needs. The MD3060e is a modular platform that allows you to add or reconfigure enclosures, as your workloads require.
- Mix and match SAS, NL-SAS HDDs or SSDs to optimize performance or capacity.
- Hot-swap drives, fans, enclosure management modules (EMMs) and power supplies for quick modifications and maintenance.
- Hosting companies that need affordable and dense storage
- Work groups within a large IT organization, such as an R&D department
- Universities or government agencies with high performance computing (HPC) deployments that require high-density storage
- High-bandwidth or modular infrastructures, such as manufacturing, oil and gas, and video surveillance
- Financial institutions that need to process volumes of data without increasing their data center footprint
|Chassis||Form factor 4U rack enclosure Physical dimensions (height x width x depth)177.8mm (7.0”) x 482.6mm (19.0”) x 825.5mm (32.5”) Maximum weight 105.20 kg (232.0 lb)|
|Management||Server controller dependent|
|Maximum Usable Capacity||3.5”drive capacity 7.2K RPM NL-SAS: 500GB, 1TB1, 2TB1, 3TB1, 4TB1, 6TB, 8TB SSD: 200GB, 400GB, 800GB (WI); 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB (MU); 800GB, 1.6TB (RI) (available with 3.5” HDD carriers) 2.5”drive capacity 15K RPM SAS: 146GB1, 300GB1, 600GB1 10K RPM SAS: 146GB, 300GB1, 600GB1, 900GB1, 1.2TB1, 1.8TB 7.2K RPM NL-SAS: 500GB1, 1TB1, 2TB SSD: 200GB, 400GB, 800GB (WI); 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB (MU); 800GB, 1.6TB (RI) 3.5” 10K and 15K HDDs are not supported on the dense model|
|OS Support||Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.5, Ubuntu® 12.04 LTS, and Debian 7.4 Nexenta™|
|Scalability||Expansion capabilities Up to 4 dense enclosures behind a single server (240 HDDs)|
|Storage||Drives 60 Controllers Dual Enclosure Management Modules (EMMs) HBA Requires a two port host bus adapter (HBA).|