PowerEdge R940 Rack Server
Transform IT with Dell EMC PowerEdge
The R940 is the foundation to transform your data center with modern applications for real-time data and analytics. Its massive resource footprint optimizes application performance and scales to meet your organization’s demands.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 12 NVMe drives and ensure application performance scales easily.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors*.
- Help eliminate bottlenecks with up to 6TB of memory in 48 DIMMS, 12 of which can be NVDIMMs.
- Expand with up to 13 PCIe Gen 3 slots.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
|Chassis||Optional LCD or Security bezel|
|Dimensions||H: 6.8” (172.6mm) W: 18.99” (482.4mm) D: 31.59” (802.3mm) with PSU and bezel D: 31.01” (787.7mm) with PSU and without bezel|
|Drive Bays||Front drive bays: Up to 24 x 2.5” drives (up to 12 x NVMe) Max Storage 122 TB|
|Management||Embedded / At-the-Server iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise) iDRAC Direct iDRAC REST API with Redfish Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless moduleConsoles OpenManage Enterprise OpenManage Essentials OpenManage Power CenterMobility OpenManage MobileTools iDRAC Service Module OpenManage Server Administrator OpenManage Storage Services Dell EMC Repository Manager Dell EMC System Update Dell EMC Server Update Utility Dell EMC Update CatalogsOpenManage Integrations Microsoft® System Center VMware® vCenter™ BMC software (available from BMC)OpenManage Connections Nagios Core and Nagios XI HPE Operations Manager i (OMi) IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition|
|Memory||48 DDR4 DIMM slots, Supports RDIMM /LRDIMM, up to 2666MT/s, 6TB max Up to 12 NVDIMM, 384 GB Max Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only|
|Operating System||Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS Citrix® XenServer® Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V Red Hat® Enterprise Linux SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server VMware® ESXi VMware® ESX®|
|Power||Platinum 1100W, 1600W, 2000W, 2400W, 336- 380VDC 1100W, Gold 48VDC 1100W Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy option 8 hot plugs fans with full redundancy|
|Processor||Up to four Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores|